Tuesday 17 May 2016

THE FAMILY'S WOE (PART 3)

... Chima toiled so hard but could hardly get any meaningful harvest from his plot of land.
"I've been working here now for two years yet I'm just the same the way I started, nothing to show for my struggles." Said Chima to himself
I think I need to plough this land deeper but I could barely afford to rent a machine talk more of paying the operator, Chima continued to complain to himself.
Ejike's farm produce were so massive that Chima thought within himself that he had made the biggest mistake of his life, he became jealous and furious about the whole situation.
He complained to their mother but Mrs. Dozie was very helpless in the situation, all she could do was to tell his younger son to be patient and try to irrigate more.
Angrily Chima left his mother before she could complete her statements. Mama! What is the problem with brother Chima? Chiamaka asked her mother.
It is the land issue o my daughter: the mother replied
Chiamaka sighed loudly and went into her room.
Chima went to his friend Joseph and said "I know you've been a good friend and have helped me in taking many of my decisions rightly but, I tell you this, this one you just advised me about my farmland is the worst decision ever. I shouldn't have listened to you"
Joseph could sense his friends wrath without being told.
Then he asked him calmly, what happened? Chima talk to me...
You were there with me the other time, you've been going to the farm with me, don't you see? The harvest is poor.
Yes! Joseph replied
So, why ask me what happened? Chima yelled at him.
Joseph: Calm down my friend, let's think of what to do
Chima: oh there you go again, always thinking of what to do, I'm doing nothing other than to take back my piece of land, period if not blood will flow.
Joseph said, actually I thought about the whole thing last night, it will be wise if you can dig a well or two so you can increase irrigation in your farm.
Chima immediately got a flash of his mother's advice ( be patient and try to irrigate more)... Yes! Yes! Yes! I think it's a great idea he acclaimed excitedly.
Let's make the arrangements, I have some money with me, tomorrow we'll get some labourers to assist us in the digging so we can try it out.
Joseph dished out food and they both ate and slept.
...In the early hour the day
My friend! Wake up Joseph called out to his friend Chima
Oh please don't disturb me it's too early and you know I had a long day yesterday I need to rest, Chima replied.
Wake up my friend, are you a woman? You can't sleep now, we had an arrangement on ground, let's go get those boys and go to the farm.
Hmm! OK. Reluctantly Chima got up and off they went with.
They got to the farm and selected the locations for the two proposed wells and started digging without a second thought.
After a few meters they started to see some strange aggregates as the dig.
Chima! These stones are really different and very hard, do you think we will get to underground water in this spot? Joseph asked his friend.
This stones are familiar, Chima replied.
They both took some of the stones and came out of the pit, washed and gazed at the stones one after the other.
This is GOLD, Joseph yelled.
It's a lie, o my goodness, they're golds. This field is a gold field, they shouted with joy.
They made arrangements and started mining gold instead of cultivating yams.
Chima became a multi billionaire with his friend managing his assets.
Today, they rule the world of GOLD MINING.
THE END
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment